Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BP13_20091115_Web2.0ToolsComment2

BL10_2009112_Reasearching and Blogging about Web 2.0 tools


Google Books This another new site that is great that Google has. Apparently book publishers filed a class action suit against Google for having books available to read on line. Google has come to an agreement with the publishers and now has a site that you can read many books on line or preview them. This is a great opportunity to be able to let your students sample different books and authors without ever leaving the classroom, while under your direction and guidance. This lets the student explore different genres for their pleasure as well as different authors. As we know students are more willing to read and engage with a computer screen than with actual published text. Wish I had this site available when I taught reading. You could even let them read to you to check their fluency on the book because they are in class with you. I can not wait to see if I can use this site at school. Try it out www.books.google.com. Sounds to me that this is better than e-books. I would like to know how many of you have Web 2.0 tools you have available to access at your school sites. If you could post and let me know what city and state you are from I would be very interested to know.

Some how lost my extra post about this site. www.artpad.art.com It is an interactive site where students can engage and play with art skills and when you are done it will show you all of the strokes and things you did to complete the picture. You can paint, splash paint on, etc. You can view the gallery and share your pictures as well.


1 COMMENTS:

HardyReeves said...

Toni~
I really like Google Books-I found it by accident one day and thought, "Wow! This place is great!" The only problem is that sections of the book are missing so that a student wouldn't be able to sit and read through the entire book online. I also thought that this would be a great way to check student fluency or my thoughts were just to have students look up books to read in the class and see if they're interested in them before they check them out. Thanks for bringing this site to all of our attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment