Sunday, November 1, 2009

BP1_2009111_Google_Reader

I chose the following:

YahooEducation: Word of the day-
We are currently working on vocabulary instruction on our campus. Along with the set word we are supposed to teach, this site will give me access to a new word each day that I can then decide to either add to our vocabulary list.

NYT>Education, LA Times>Education & NPR Topics: Education

Both sites have interesting articles on education and this will allow me to briefly jump over, read and then either share with others or just file for later use. It is also something that I like to just keep up with, especially since one of my partners in fifth grade listens and reads to NPR and always asks me if I have-now I have an easy way to say, yes! Also, I with the NYT and LA Times I can see what other schools are doing in different areas and if there is a way to modify it for my area.

CA Dept of Education
I teach in California and it just made sense that I should stay up-to-date with the ideas being sent out by our Department of Education.

Finally-a lot of Classroom Response Systems Articles
My Action Research is the use of Classroom Response Systems 0r Clickers and their use and engagement in the classroom. A quick search allowed me to pull articles to add to my Literature and also some insight on how others have used it in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment