Sunday, November 8, 2009

BP8_2009118_Web 2.0 tools 3

Screenshot by Hardy Reeves
Thing labs. (2009) Plinky. Retrieved November 8, 2009 from www.plinky.com

With the Web 2.0 tools link I found Plinky, an online writing journal of sorts.

In the classroom, I can see this being used in two different ways. First, in my current classroom, I will use Plinky to come up with the daily writing prompt. Each day a new prompt is added to your homepage and then you are able to respond to it there however you want. In my classroom, students would be able to write their responses to the prompt in their journal. The ideas are very basic and easy for a fifth grade student to understand and write a decent response to. Finally, following their format, students would share out their responses to a partner or the class. Secondly, if I had access to a class set of computers (or the students all had access to computers with an internet connection) I would the class sign up for a Plinky account and follow each other. This would allow for students to make comments about the writings and also a chance for students to be a community of writers, not afraid to let others see what they have written.

You can visit Plinky at: http://www.plinky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment